Monday, June 4, 2012

Look what the mailman brought :-)

The day is dull , the sky is grey and there is a threat of rain , the air is very damp so I wasn't planning on venturing out UNTIL I seen the flag up on our mailbox at the end of the driveway . You see I am expecting some mail , postcards, and this package that arrived today ,oh how excited I was and couldn't get back to the house fast enough to tear open the package , and tear I did . This is what was inside .
 These are the crazy blocks from a RR I took part in with some friends ,aren't they gorgeous . Oh what's that, you want to see them closer than that , ok I took individual photos of each block because I just knew you would want to see some of the detail and the sweet little charms they attached . I will start with my original block , funny for the life of me I could not remember that block if  my life had depended on it , and I even had a theme , who knew :-) My theme was "Tea Time in my Garden " isn't that so sweet , ahh .
  It was that focus fabric in the center that I loved and just had to use so I suppose that was the reason for the   theme.
 This block was made by Janet in BC (no blog ) , can you see those sweet little charms , oh I love those and all that creative stitching , thanks Janet :-) Janet has sure mastered embroidery and bead work , each block I received in this RR came from Janet , I was her person to pass on to if that makes any sense  and I got to see her work and it is amazing .
 Another non blogger Martha , also from BC , she added some adorable buttons, some charms one of a ladybug , how did she know I love them , plus one of another flying insect , some lovely bead work and lots of wonderful embroidery , love this one too !!
 This special one is made by my friend Jeanette who I have been friends with for many years now and we have taken part in many RR's together , a sweetheart of a person . Jeanette added some sweet buttons that she bought just for my block , see the teapot and cup and then on the left are some cupcake buttons , how cute are they . Jeanette is a master at embroidery so lots of embellishments with some addition of lace and rickrack to set it off , I love it Jeanette .Thanks :-)
 This pretty block is by my long time email buddy Lynda from BC , we also have been swap partners in RR's together , which always included Jeanette as well , my walls have many lovely wall hangings as a result of their fine work. Lynda's block includes some more sweet charms , where do they find these ? Lynda also did some ribbon embroidery , gorgeous bead work and lots of embroidery and the fabrics are so cute , one little mouse serving tea , a folk lady in the garden tending her flowers . Just beautiful Lynda , thanks , I love it!
And last but certainly not least is a block by my very good friend Dianne , Dianne and I are more like sisters than friends and she knows just what I like so this block is perfect , look at all the work she did , Dianne is the queen of embellishments , the flowers in the center she did some embroidery on the petals and I think perhaps also did some shading to enhance them even more , she added lots of embroidery of sweet little purple flowers , a pink heart , some bead work and a piece of what appears to be antique crocheted lace and of course some buttons ,she knows how much I love buttons. Thanks so much Dianne I love it !!
 Each and every one of these blocks is extra special to me and now I have the task of deciding just what to do with them , Dianne had thought she would make a bed runner with her blocks and I was going to copy her plan until I seen my blocks today , I don't think a tea party would make a good bed runner so I suspect this will either become a table topper or a small wall hanging for my dining room , either way I will always cherish it and think of each and every one of you when I look at it so thank you all again from the bottom of my heart , it sure made this dull day bright and sunny for me :-)
 Hope you enjoyed my little crazy patch show and tell as much as I did in sharing it , thanks for stopping by.
 hugs Sheila

20 comments:

  1. That is going to be the most adorable quilt/wall hanging ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just awesome....love the colors..everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all just gorgeous. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are lovely..... can I say 'charming'.... pun intended.... really pretty and I'm looking forward to seeing what you make...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful. What will you be making?

    ReplyDelete
  6. what gorgeous blocks, had to click on them to see the wonderful detail. I love all the embellishments and buttons. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheila! I'm back from Florida and trying to catch up. Every one of those crazy quilt blocks - including yours! - are fantastic. Everyone put so much thought and work into them to make them extra special. I know that you will make something really awesome from them, and have a wonderful reminder of your lovely friends!

    Hope your weather improves, and I'll write soon!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that was great to see all the different creative ideas. Love the theme and all the embellishments! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila they are gorgeous,such stunning blocks.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! I love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous blocks. They are all so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful blocks! I'd love to have been part of that RR!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Sheils I love all those crazy patches. The fabrics are just gorgeous in them... I think they would make a great wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sheila, the blocks are adorable! What a wonderful way to bring the sunshine into your day. That's quite a special group you belong to. Will look forward to seeing how you finish off the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of them Sheila ,these must take a lot of time and work and the stitching is it machine or hand it is so beautiful I love how it looks makes me what to start one ,but I must finish what I have and they are so many ,I haven't sat at my machine for weeks since I got back I have been spending time at my moms house which is a bit far 2 1/2 hours by train and I stay for the weekend and she doesn't have a machine there boo hoo !! enjoy your crazy quilt can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful blocks Sheila! I can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful blocks. Your project will be unique.

    ReplyDelete