Sunday, June 10, 2012

A delightful Day :-)

As you may know yesterday was the Thistle Quilt Guild Quilt show , our Tenth anniversary  so we tried to go all out for this show and I think it was awesome. My day was made extra special by meeting up with two blogger friends .  Linda of Scrapmaster  and Lesley of Cuddle Quilter   both travelled for quite a distance in opposite directions in pouring rain  to attend our quilt show , I couldn't have been more pleased . I had met Lesley on an earlier occasion but this was my first time meeting Linda and it was indeed a pleasure .
 Here we are Lesley, Linda and Me , and just look at those great smiles , we must have been having fun . Our backdrop for this photo was my Louisa quilt . Thank you both for taking the time to come and I sure enjoyed our visit .
 So do you want to see a few photos of the show ? I have to admit I did not take a lot of pictures , I was too busy enjoying the company and the quilts.
                                                This wall was a mixture of small quilts .
These postcards were the result of an exchange with a quilt group in Saskatoon Saskatchewan , we had a lot of fun with this exchange and would love to do another .
 The outside walls were adorned with lots of incredible quilts , these are a few of my favorites , don't you just love this string quilt made by my talented friend Diane and next to that on the right is a Flower Garden sampler , so pretty .
 How about this beauty , this is a paper pieced quilt and I think Eileen told me it was her first PP project , can you imagine tackling this for a first project ,not me.
Isn't this the cutest quilt , this was made by Anne for her granddaughter , I just love this one :-) Anne has a blog but she has not posted in a while ,don't you think she should share some more of her talents :-)
 If you love applique you will love this one , it is a beauty and a ton of work . Next to that is another lovely Flower Garden Sampler .
                                    This stunning quilt was made by Connie , just gorgeous .
This sweet little group were made by my friends Julia and Joan and I think Linda also made at least one , these came about after Joan and Julia took an Alaskan Cruise , aren't they cute .
Henrietta Whiskers , by Joan , such a fun quilt and so colorful. My Henrietta is still in the quilting stage :-(
This section was our favorite quilts , they did not have to have been made this year and I think this was a great idea as some of these I had never seen before , wonderful display . Above that on the stage you will see some busy shoppers , we had three vendors where we could built up our stash or buy those special rulers or notions we all love so much , Thanks to Lucy's , Timeless Stitches and Fiddle Stitches for taking part in our show this year.
 Finally I will share this lovely quilt that we sold tickets on , it is called Tennesse Waltz and was made by a guild member Mary M. , she did a beautiful job and I sure hope I am the winning ticket :-)
Since this is getting a bit picture heavy I will close for now , thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoy this small sampling of our show ,maybe next year you will join us , we would love to  have you . Thank you to Linda and Lesley  for coming , I sure enjoyed your company and hope to see you both again real soon and oh if you have not visited either Linda or Lesley you are missing out on some incredible talent so head on over now for a visit and tell them I said hi .. Enjoy your day .
hugs Sheila 

12 comments:

  1. How nice og the ladies to travel to see you and the show...
    So many beautiful quilts.
    Lots of very talented ladies...
    will pop over and visit the ladies now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Isn't it fun to meet other bloggers? I met Cathi of Shakerwood Woolens yesterday at a Quilt Show. I could just look at the quilts for hours and hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, it was wonderful to see you and Linda yesterday. Your quilt show was amazing! I loved everything about it and couldn't get over the huge number of quilts and projects on display! Your pictures are wonderful, the show was definitely inspirational, and your pieces were all fabulous! I'll be back next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful quilts, sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be back next year too! It was a wonderful show and so great to meet you Sheila and visit with Lesley. Thanks for showing us around and taking time for tea. I bought a little something from each of the vendors so I will have a memory of my visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so great to meet up with friends and I loved seeing the quilt show... it was so great that you know so many of the makers and the little stories about the quilts...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. some beautiful quilts at the show! Lovely to see your beautiful quilt again too.
    Meeting bloggy friends makes it even more enjoyable as you can tell by your faces.
    Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Would have loved to attend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great pictures of all the wonderful quilts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhhhhh that is so nice Sheila!! Looked like a great show too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great show. I love seeing photos from other shows.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a great show of beautiful quilts.... lots of talent out there

    ReplyDelete