Wednesday, June 6, 2012

WIP Wednesday

If you love rain and drizzle you would be in heaven here today , it is dreadful , oh I guess that shows that I am not a fan of such weather :-)So what have I got in progress you ask , well too much to show but I will start with this little mini quilt , this was a block of the day free pattern from Joanne of Threadhead and I have had the top finished for a while , I followed along everyday and I must say Joanne your instructions were fantastic and even though these blocks are super small they were easy to do and I am quite pleased with my little quilt , wish I had chosen different fabrics but too late to change that now .
If you look closely but not too close you will see that I actually machine quilted this with feathers in the borders and leaves throughout the center . This is my second attempt at feathers and although these are far from perfect it did get easier as I went along ,guess my brain finally got the rhythm even if not quite the way it should be. Thanks Joanne for a fun little project and I really want to do this one again , perhaps in Christmas fabrics .
This morning I worked on my BOM wool project which is a free BOM from Melody of the House on the Side of the Hill , I am a little behind on this one but the June addition has not been announced yet so I just may get this done on time.
 What do you think of my plaid tree , you see this is a fall scene and I thought perhaps this would work and I could pretend this is the foliage turning color , I can dream can't I ;-0 There are leaves to sew on yet and the trunk as you can see is still in progress and the little quilts on the line are not yet stitched down but all in all I love it . Thanks to Melody for her creativeness , love this BOM !
 So what else am I up to , well it just so happens that the Thistle Quilt Guild that I am a member of is having their quilt show this weekend so today I am taking a little time to label things and get my sheets ready to log in on Friday . If you happen to be in the area the show is being held at the Westville Civic Building from 10-4pm  Saturday and this is our Tenth Anniversary so we hope to make it extra special with a tea served as well , why not come and join us for a wonderful show and a bite to eat , you are sure to enjoy your day.
Here is my pile so far ;

 Do you enjoy embroidery ? If so Kaaren of the Painted Quilt has the cutest pattern on now for her Friday Freebies so I took the time last night to trace that off and got a few stitches done using my new Aurifil Thread , oh now that is heaven , this thread is wonderful , no separating threads just put it on the needle and stitch away and it feels like silk , simply wonderful . Thanks Kaaren for yet another wonderful pattern , oh to have such talent  .

 So what do you have to show for this week ? Thanks for stopping by and if you have any extra sunshine and oh Heat that would be so welcome .Oh I almost forgot I am linking up today to the Needle and Thread Network , and Lee of Freshly Pieced be sure to stop by and see what others have been up to this week.
 hugs Sheila

12 comments:

  1. Your little quilt is beautiful!!! I love how it turned out and yes I can see some pretty feathers too!!! Good for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely as always Sheila...your quilted feathers are great!! I need to get more of that in. The wool piece is wonderful....same miserable weather here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mini quilt... and your feathers look great... its so fun doing them .... love your take on the wool BOM.... it will be so fun to see all the different ones.... a nice pile of quilts for your show.... have fun...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little quilt. You did great with the feathers. Your wool piece looks good too. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your little quilt. So cute. Your feathers are great. Nice touch. The weather is miserable here too. Hopefully start getting warmer later tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How great to have little quilts on a line! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We must be neighbours... it's crazy weather here too!
    Still.. lots of sewing on days like these ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the block with the little houses on it. And I know, the weather is damp and yucky, but supposed to be nice on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a wonderful little quilt and I can see the 'feathers'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have the same weather here today. The wool quilt block is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of wonderful projects, it will be hard for me not to start something new when you put such yummy things for us to see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mini quilt is lovely and I love your autumn tree on your penny rug, what a great choice of fabric! Love your tiny quilts too. I saw the free pattern too, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete