Saturday, June 30, 2012

June FMQ

I am late I know but I wanted to post my FMQ for the month of June , thanks to Sew Cal Gal for hosting this each month and providing us with such amazing teachers. This month it was Cindy Needham , she gave a great tutorial which was very helpful and although my stitching is far from perfect I think I got what this lesson was trying to teach us , control , I enjoyed the process and am ok with my results but realize that they could be so ..... much better with practice.
Here is a close up of the top section where I tried to fill in the small areas , challenging for sure but kind of fun too. I know I am brave to even show you these very imperfect stitches but this is all about learning right ;-)

 It is a hot summer day today , the warmest so far this season , I won't complain as we have been waiting a long time for this to happen . Thanks for stopping by and hope you are enjoying your weekend.
hugs Sheila

18 comments:

  1. Looks good Sheila. You are doing well. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is well done and the top section looks like a tea pot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sheila you can quilt for me anytime... it looks great I think! Well done on giving it a go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great Sheila.... I want to try with that black on white - it is so effective....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila,
    it looks just perfect!
    I would never have thought, that fmq could
    cause me so much fun.
    We have had a very warm day too,
    It feels like summer, finally:-)
    Liebe Grüsse
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Cheryll.....your quilting is wonderful Sheila...I`d let you do my quilting for sure!!!
    Great job...much more control than I have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing to me! How about if I send you a few quilts to practice on? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you did a fabulous job on you FMQ and you should be proud. Enjoy the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sheila, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks beautiful Sheila - will done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good for you to get it done.... great job I really like the detail you have in the one above the feathers....looks like you had fun
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  12. it was a fun challenge this past month. you did really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your learning project. I think your quilting looks great. You can work on my quilts any time :-)

    ReplyDelete