Monday, June 25, 2012

One Christmas Item a Month

It is that time of the month again , June sure seemed to disappear . I actually had to scramble today to finish off these two little items for my Christmas box , Both stitcheries that I have shown earlier in the month are now finished projects .
The large pincushion on the left was a Friday Freebie pattern from Kaaren of the The  Painted Quilt  , a fun little project and I finished it off with some rickrack along the edge . The little tag was also a free pattern but I do not have the link for that handy , sorry . Then the other little pincushion I may have shown before but I don't think I have , anyway this was a block from a mini quilt that I had made and I found the colors blended too much so rather than throw it out I made this very tiny pincushion :-)
 Thanks to Narelle of Pins and Whiskers for hosting this monthly event , it does keep a person thinking about Christmas . Thanks for the visit and guess what , the sun is shining :-)
 hugs Sheila

12 comments:

  1. Those are lovely little Christmas finishes.... it is such fun having seasonal pincushions...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful projects! Love the pincushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tag's a little cutie. Must make a few of those...and of course the pin cushions are always a MUST have item! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finishes Sheila. Very lovely. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done Sheila,lovely finishes.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little gifts and very clever re-purposing :)
    I'm still craving some sunshine yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two lovely finishes... You will be organised for christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work Sheila, those little pincushions may not make Christmas, they would make lovely gifts all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great little finishes Sheila, I adore that gift tag, and the mini block has turned out so well as a mini pincushion, brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pincushions are great gifts and I love how you recycled the block when it didn't work in your original project! Santa tag is so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely little pincushions, gorgeous little gift ideas.

    ReplyDelete