Saturday, June 16, 2012

FNSI Report

I signed up for FNSI at the last minute , I knew I would be stitching and like the extra motivation this gives to think how many others world wide are also stitching.Thanks to Heidi for hosting this fun event.
 I can't show you my progress on this but I am taking part in the  Red White and Blue Blog Hop in July , the button is on my side bar .I figured since I will be posting my blocks on July 3rd I better get myself into gear and actually make a block or two . Well I have two made so far and plan on making at least one more .
 I have to say this is the first time I have made quilt blocks in this color combination but love them . It just reminds me of summer and a nautical look .I am happy with my blocks so far but you will have to come back in July to actually see the blocks ;-)
 Then I wanted to sit and watch some TV for a while before bed so I worked on this little stitchery by the talented Bronwyn Hayes of  Red Brolly , it is the front of a needlecase and is a free pattern on her blog right now . Click on the link to find the pattern .
 This is super small , you use just one strand of floss for this and there is a lot more work in this than I thought but I do love it . I have a cover for my sewing machine that I made a while back that also has this little quote on it . " May all your weeds be Wildflowers " ,don't you love that quote , some of the prettiest flowers are weeds .
The sun has finally found us so I plan on being outside as much as possible today to soak up some of those vitamin D rays. Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by.
 hugs Sheila

11 comments:

  1. I really missed visiting your blog. Catching up with all your missed post...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly like to keep your hands busy don't you? :))
    I really need to find something for myself to do - apart from my blog.
    I love the phrase about wildflowers, and you are right sometimes they are the most pretty little flowers.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabrics for the blues, reds and whites are pretty and the stitchery is lovely. I remember getting bunches of weeds from my kids when they were little, very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful stitchery. I can't believe how small it is. Great FNSI.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun to have sewn with you on Friday... love the little stitchery and I will be looking at your blue red and white in July...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from FNSI ... You have had a productive night and I love those fabrics you have chosen for the quilt too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful work Sheila. I too started my block for the block hop but it is needle turn with 130 pieces. I think I may have to come up with something simpler

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute stitchery! I'm not going to be in the red, white and blue hop, but I look forward to seeing what everyone else makes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking foreward to se the blocks made from those gorgeous fabricks !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, some of the prettiest flowers are wildflowers.

    Love your stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work, Sheila! I hope that you were able to enjoy the sunshine and your stitching.
    Take care,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete