Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thursday Happenings

The sun has found us again today , a perfect day to hang out laundry :-) This week just seemed to fly by so I missed WIP Wednesday so I will report on Thursday instead.
 An update on the Red White and Blue Blog Hop , I now have three blocks completed ,I am pleased and to see those blocks and many more wonderful creative blocks be sure to come back and visit on July 1 -16 , you can check the schedule by clicking on the icon on my sidebar .Sorry I can't share any photos of my blocks just now just know they are red , white and blue ;-)
  I had the strong urge to make postcards again so this time decided on landscapes as I have not done those in a while and I really enjoy that challenge of finding what I believe is the perfect piece for the image I have in my mind so these are the two I made .
  And number two ;
A scene somewhere in the mind of moi ;-) no particular destination just a play of fabrics .
I thought I would also share this photo with you , I was visiting with my parents again on the weekend , trying to get their apartment set up and the house cleaned out and in doing so came across this painting I did in 1982 , they don't have room for it so I decided I would like to have it back rather than see it tossed .
 I took oil painting classes for a couple of years and this was during that time , I rather like the bright colors and it is now hanging in my dining room , come winter this sunny scene may cheer me up :-0
 Thanks for stopping by and hope your day is filled with sunshine .
 Hugs Sheila

15 comments:

  1. Both your postcards look beautiful.
    So nice you took your painting back and I am sure it looks lovely in your dining room.
    Hope your folks are getting settled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your postcards are lovely! And yes your right, that painting is really bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your landscapes are lovely and your painting as well. I too have dabbled a bit with painting. Sometimes I wish I had time for more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great landscaps Sheila. I have never tryied oil paints but I have tried watercolor and I hanve had some fun with them.... I know where they are just have to pull them out and paly.....maybe in the fall
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your landscapes. I have to try one of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful landscapes! Making some of my own is on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your painting is beautiful! As are your landscapes. I need to try a landscape some day, but it's not anywhere near the top of my list. Some Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such an artistic talent! Love the landscapes, and can see why you enjoy them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful and stunning Sheila.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely postcards as always and what fun to have that painting back with you.... so you are a natural at the arty bits...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your postcards are so pretty! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your landscapes are wonderful! You are a creative lady. Here's hoping that you have lots of sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your postcards are wonderful and I love your painting too, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful postcards, love the landscapes and your oil painting is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete