Friday, November 11, 2011

A change in plans

I have a couple of more finishes to share and I also wanted to tell you there is  a change in plans I will not be taking part in the sale afterall . Why you ask well , we are having some special visitors , my oldest son Rob and  his family are arriving this afternoon from Ontario and will be staying overnight so needless to say they have top priority as I do not see them very often .
First I made this Christmas stocking after seeing the cute one that Annette made , it seemed like a perfect plan and to make it even better when I was searching through my Christmas fabrics I found a whole lot of strips I had cut for something previously , great I thought , half the work is done.As  I was digging in this same container I came across this fabric with some cute little Christmassy items printed on it so I immediately thought oh another mug rug , it had to be a bit larger than a regular mug rug but hey at Christmas we like to have lots of treats right ;-) So this little mug rug was born from that idea .
 So on this blustery wet and wild Friday I am busy preparing for Rob , have a great day and thanks for stopping by and Lest We Forget on this Remembrance Day.
hugs Sheila

14 comments:

  1. wonderful to have the family there with you Sheila. Sewing machine arrived JUST in time. ha.. ha... I loved all your Christmas treasures Sheila. ENJOY... ENJOY... my dear. D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! And you did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your Christmas projects are so lovely Sheila. Gorgeous mug rug and the little houses in the previous post are so effective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice to have your son and his family to visit. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful Rob & his family are visiting. Hope your weekend is fabulous. The stocking & mug rug are very lovely. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stocking and mug rug look great. I like the little house mug rugs you made too. Have fun with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute mug rug ...just love the little gingerbread house. Now that you have started on the stockings from the leftovers I think ther will be more ... don't you but not this week end .Make sure you get in your hug quota form you family ... enjoy ......maybe the gals will just take and sell your items that you have made for the sale if not you have a few gifts ready and waiting.
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute mug rug, and love the stocking Sheila. Great finishes. Enjoy your visit with your son!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a wonderful time with Rob and his family Sheila..
    Your little mug rugs are gorgeous, as is the stocking..xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute mug rug! Hope you have a great time with your son & family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that you had a great visit with your son and his family! Wonderful Christmas stocking and mug rug. I was thinking of getting my Christmas quilts out this week.
    Hello to you from Idaho,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute stocking and I just love your little rug mug! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet stocking and a great mug rug! Enjoy your visit with Rob and family!

    ReplyDelete