Thursday, November 24, 2011

Our first storm

The weatherman got it right , we got dumped on big time ,wet heavy snow and lots of it . Here is the view from our deck this morning . You can actually see it is still snowing off in the distance and we have had some flurries off an on all morning and schools have been cancelled ,the roads are very treacherous.







This is the view from my bedroom window , you can see where Bill has been snowblowing the driveway , can you see the depth of the snow in places , it is bad to drift on that turn in our driveway . I think he will be out there for a while yet :-(  If you can see the little checks in the photo it is because it is because I took the photo through a screen .






I finished machine quilting the little Sudoku quilt yesterday afternoon and sewed the binding on , then last night I started the process of sewing it down on the back , here is a little picture of that so you can see the bright cherrful fabric I used on the back , this just may be her favorite side  ;-)
I know a little on the wild side but I love it, my friend Linda was generous enough to give me a bag of flannels a couple of years ago and this was one of them , I just love it so thanks Linda you are a sweetie :-)
 Today I think I will start cutting a quilt for Isaac , something  simple as time is running out .
I'd like to wish all my American friends a Happy Thanksgiving as well as everyone else , we all have plenty to be thankful for and today I am thankful for my blogging friends , you are the best.
 Hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. just came in for a look Sheila; we got the same amount of snow here...I just may have to wade to the barn and get the tractor out after all...lol.quilt looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That snow sure looks pretty, but I'm glad it's there and not here! Stay warm! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Snow stoem looks lovely and cool. It was nearly 100 here today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sheila,
    Wow, that looks like quite the storm. I'm jealous!! What a wonderful white view you have.
    I love the flannel print with the ladybugs. How cute is that??
    Enjoy your day, and stay warm,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute quilt and you finished real fast ,now that you are snowed in you'll have to start another to keep busy ,hope the roads clear soon so you can get out a bit in the meantime stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm one of those people who like snow. We don't get much of it these past few years - not like when I was little. I hope there's some at Christmas.
    Seems like you always have a quilt in progress. Good going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It did snow!!!! Great photos!! Love the flannel, happy stitching! Hugs, Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that's a lot of snow. Keep warm and safe.
    Mind you the quilt of yours looks nice and cosy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could've done with that snow earlier in the week. :) Was so hot but it's since rained & cooled it down. Love the bright flannel for the backing. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my... that's a lot of snow... my thoughts are that it is very early for so much? I wonder if this means a tough winter? Love the bugs on the flannel....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Sheila,
    that looks very bad :-( -and a bit beautiful too.
    I hope you`ll be able to use the time you must stay indoor, to sew a lot.
    Your newest quilt looks great!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that we have only had a sprinkle of snow once here, and the flakes melted as quick as they came down... I hope you stay safe and warm Sheila, and get lots of sewing done...

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks like winter at your place and spring has hit here .... I would rather it stay just a little colder sew that we don't end up with the ice but that is what we have now and with a chance of rain on Friday.... sure glad I don't have to drive anywhere tonight ... on the icy roads after dark I would be in the ditch for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another lovley quilt Sheila. At least your snowy pictures have made me feel cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you are cosy and enjoying a quiet time quilting whist it is snowy outside.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh that's a lot of snow! Crazy weather here too. -30. then +10. I noticed that the neighbor's apple tree has new buds all over it! oh dear...
    Thanks for linking! I hope it brings extra traffic your way : )
    ~Monika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, that looks cold! But I really like the flannel on the back of the sudoku quilt. I love sudoku but never thought to use the idea as a quilt pattern. Add one more thing to my "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete