Friday, November 4, 2011

SAHRR update

When I signed up for the SAHRR with  Sunny of Quilting Dreams  guess I wasn't prepared for a challenge , I have taken part in many RR's over the years and yes I have been stumped before but not quite to this extent it was usually a matter of what will I add to this person's project ,however this time we are working on just our own quilt and each month adding a new border , seemed easy enough but somewhere between grade 12 and now I lost my ability to do math and the sad part is I was at the top of my class in math , just loved it . I guess the saying "Use it or lose it " is true :-) Now the wonderful thing is that here in Blogland there are always those who are willing to help in anyway they can so I asked for help with my little dilemma and I received a few suggestions  from Fiona  of Bubzrugz  ,then I asked my friend Annette of In Stitches and Seams  and she was a tremendous help . Annette has the EQ program and I sent her a picture of my project which she put into the program and added some log cabin blocks and sent me a picture  to me to show me what it would look like . I had in my mind what I wanted and somehow couldn't get that quite worked out but with a little help from a friend I am proud to share this addition to my SAHRR block , I am really pleased so a big thanks to Fiona and  especially Annette as I am very much a visual person and seeing it helped so much.. Eventually I will add some applique in the space between the green border and the log cabin blocks . What do you think?
Thanks for stopping by and hope your day is filled with some stitching fun. Hugs Sheila

10 comments:

  1. It's magnificent!! Most people think that since I'm in accounting that I should be good at math. Not so, my friend. I struggled with this one myself. I think all the other borders will be more simple than this! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect touch Sheila...I was never good at math..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it...I might hav to follow your lead on this one. I was completely stumped too. Mostly because of my "crazy" quilt triangls. too me the log cabin look doesn't "go" with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They suit the quilt perfectly. A bit of applique would look great in there where you said. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a nice job with this challenge Sheila. I like the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the same with Math.. really good and now I'm useless... well done for you and Annette interpreting what I was thinking - and then working out how to do it.... looks great....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hopeless with math too. The log cabins are the perfect thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep I struggle with the math too. maybe that is why I have been so slow at getting this border on.
    Your's looks fabulous Sheila.
    Next time I do a RR I won't do a centre I can't turn on point.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your block looks amazing, the corners are so lovely with the centre block. You are very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  10. -so beautiful and I like the Log Cabin corners. Lovely fabrics and very well done!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete