Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Have you ever noticed how quickly the weeks fly by these days or is it just me , seems like I just posted WIP and here it is Wed. again. So what have I been up to this week , well not a lot really , I already posted some finishes I had last week and because of my busy weekend not much stitching of any kind got done , BUT yesterday at the church we finished my quilt Louisa ,oh Happy Day ! It turned out lovely and now I have to add the binding and the label but for now I will share a peak , I just trimmed off the extra batting and fabric so it is already to bind and the binding is cut just need to get busy and do it :-)
 This quilt was a kit by Moda that my dear Hubby bought for me a few years back , we won't try to figure out exactly how many that might be depressing but at least now it is getting much closer to a finish and I really love it.
 The other thing I have in the works , not that I needed anything else to keep me occupied , is a little landscape challenge with a yahoo group I am a member of , I have to use part of the fabric below for the sky or water or both and I must use colored pencils to enhance or change the colors . I love doing landscapes as you might already know so when this challenge was announced I just could not resist and the fabric arrived a week or so ago and so far that is as far as I have gotten , I do have a plan in my head so perhaps that counts but the deadline is getting closer so I am going to start this like now . Watch for updates ;-0
 I have other works in progress but for now this is my report for this week , I am linking up to Monika at the Needle and Thread Network and if you are a Canadian quilter , weaver , artist or whatever craft be sure to link up as well . Enjoy your day , I have to go make a Christmas ornament for the meeting tonight  :-)
Thanks for stopping by . Hugs Sheila

15 comments:

  1. I know what you mean Sheila. The weeks are flying by far too quickly.
    I love the fabrics in your Quilt. How nice of your DH to have bought the kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louisa is lovely and I'm most intrigued by your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy dance for your quilt.... I bet hubby is happy it is finished. Who knows maybe another kit for christmas.
    The landscape fabric challange looks interesting... you find sew many interesting projects how do you keep them straight.
    have fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice quilt Sheila...love the colours...and you are very good at landscapes....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful quilt. The block patterns are very fancy and perfect for those florals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your finish! The fabrics in the quilt are just fantastic.
    I agree time does fly, I can't believe the year is nearly gone and the silly season has begun.
    Will look forward to seeing your landscape progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you have you quilt all quilted. It looks beautiful. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean I am still wondering what happened to last January. Your sneak peek looks beautiful...looking forward to seeing the finished quilt. I Love Moda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely understand how quickly time seems to fly by - good for you for tackling a long-time project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are right time is flying...your quilt is gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is lovely Sheila... and you are correct.. time is being stolen everywhere I go..haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love the quilt. The colors and print are heart warming.
    Hugs from Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great gift from your husband! He has nice taste in fabric (well, maybe he had help?) I'm looking forward to reading about your landscape quilt.
    Have a great day Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilt looks beautiful so far I can see, lovely fabrics. Did you quilt it in a quiltingbee?
    A quiltkit from your DH, how nice is that!
    hugs
    Bente

    ReplyDelete