Wednesday, November 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday

Good morning , it feels like spring here with temperatures that will rise to +14 by this afternoon , rather odd after all that snow we had this time last week but hey I will gladly take this and the snow is now completely gone :-)
 I am linking up today to Monika on the Needle and Thread Network   for WIP  Wednesday . My  progress for this week was not bad but I wish I could say I have completed Isaac's quilt but that did not happen .Here is where I am right now .
I have the binding sewn on and the label sewn into the binding but the binding is yet to be sewn down on the back , I had hoped to get at that in the evening but we had company two nights in a row so no sewing .I think I needed a break anyway ;-0  I know this may sound strange but it seems like I am wasting time if I sit in the afternoon and hand stitch so I had a few minutes yesterday , very few but ok I was bad I started something new . Aweful aren't I but this next project just spoke to me whenever I seen it in the Fons and Porter magazine "Quilting Celebrations " I love the shape of this little table topper so just had to make it and actually wanted to do this last year as they had a similar one in their magazine for 2010 .I  had been on the look out for a background fabric but couldn't find just what I wanted UNTIL I  was in the fabric store last week buying a batting for Isaac's quilt ,oh my intention was to just buy the batting and come home but I had to look around ,I mean we all need some fabric therapy now and then ,just touch and feel but this neutral beige fabric was just what I was looking for so I picked that up along with the sweet plaid , I probably have some red fabric that would have worked but that was just too sweet to leave behind and it will really show up nicely as the binding .
I will just pick away at this but still concentrate on getting those quilts complete . Oh talking about quilts I have made a decision for Christopher and also found the perfect backing at a wonderful price of just $2.99 a mt. ,amazing huh . Now to get started , that won't happen today as I am volunteering to teach some Christmas decorations at our guild sewing session this afternoon, that should be fun .
 Our quilt guild is taking part in a postcard exchange with the quilt guild in Saskatoon Saskatchewan and yesterday I received my really sweet card .I see Monika has posted pictures of the cards she received as well so be sure to check them out , you will love her work so be sure to scroll down and check it out. Here is the card I received from Brenda T.,isn't it just so cute !
This has nothing to do with my progress but I wanted to share this amazing sunrise with you , I just caught it the other morning and grabbed my camera and snapped this shot . I love to look at the sky and am constantly snapping photos , sometimes they look great but other times it doesn't come out in the photo the way it looked in real life but this shot is almost bang on.

I best get going and get things together for this afternoon but I really appreciate you stopping by for a visit ,have a great day .
hugs Sheila

15 comments:

  1. I love the little table topper - you're right about how cute the shape is. And that card is adorable! Reminds me, I need to get started designing my Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing the beautiful sunrise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those sweet plaid berries couldn't be more perfect. A lovely block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post. I love your table topper it is a lovely shape. I am terrible for starting something and not finishing it before starting something else. You are certainly keeping yourself busy.
    That sky picture is beautiful - lovely colours. You can't beat a good sky shot. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....love your topper and stocking...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila, I enjoyed looking at all your projects, lovely work,lucky grandchildren! I too am interested in your label. I make all mine on the computer, do you have a link or a pdf for this one? Or did you , gasp, design it yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Topper is gorgeous!! Love the plaid berries perfect. Your weather looks lovely. We just had a snow storm last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like you're being quite productive! The table topper is going to be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your table topper and your fabric choices for it, Sheila! What a beautiful sunrise. Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Sheila....he will love his quilt. And that table topper..wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your WIP with us. I have pieces for a table topper that will have to wait until next year. Too many other things to get done.
    The postcard is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the table topper. I keep looking for that book but haven't had any luck. Oh well. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I really liked that table topper too! Yours will be great!
    I may have to dig out those magazines again!
    Take care, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bet Isaac's quilt is done by now?! Love table topper and that little stocking!! Hugs, Daniëlle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your projects are looking lovely, I love the applique block! the little post card is beautiful and the photo of the sunrise is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Greetings from Finland! I love your blog! I am a quilter/crafter and I would like to invite you to visit my quilt blog!

    ReplyDelete