Thursday, November 3, 2011

An update

I just finished sewing the two borders on the crazy patch quilt so thought I would share , I had a very difficult time choosing a border , spent quite a while at the fabric store and had my top with me to make that decision. When there is so much going on as in this quilt it is hard to pick something that won't clash too much so in the end I chose the pink solid for the narrow border and a multi color batik with all the same colors that are in the quilt for the outside border and I am pleased ,it is not a large quilt just lap size and since there is so much lace and some small pieces of fabrics from my Aunt Mammie this is a special memory quilt for me. I made a quilt a few years back with fabrics that were my aunts and gave it to my parents so I think this one I will keep just for me .
I also took the narrow border off my SAHRR and made that a tad wider to make the overall block an even number which will make my log cabin construction much easier so I suspect you will see an update on that real soon.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are having a wonderful day . Hugs Sheila
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

  1. Great border choice; it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -you have made a good decision, the fabrics you´re chosen looks beautiful together with these wonderful crazy blocks.
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  3. The border fabric is perfect. The top looks really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely borders.. the plain one gives the eyes a rest and the wider one has all the colours without distracting from the crazies.... lovely Sheila... now I'm interested to see how you will quilt it....

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. the borders look beautiful. I like how the solid frames it all then the colours in the outer border are lovely and soft. They match so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the choices you have made. The border colours are quite gentle and don't overwhelm the rest of the quilt. It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... you choose well, I think. It's lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls have beautifully said exactly what I was thinking... I too would love to know how you will quilt it..

    ReplyDelete
  9. The borders look wonderful! What a bright and cheerful quilt this is going to be! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This quilt is wonderful and your border choice is just perfect. I think it deserves to be hung on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful choice for the sashing, what a gorgeous batik (I love batiks). This is such a special quilt for you! I have a old quilt I made after high school that has some fabrics from clothes I made while in school. It is nothing fancy but it brings a smile to my face when I look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful quilt Sheila - I think your borders match beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  13. The quilt is beautiful. The batik border is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks beautiful Sheila, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sheila, your crazy quilt looks fantastic! I think the thin solid pink border and the wider batik border were just what it needed. Great choices.... great job! :o)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's absolutely beautiful, Sheila. It took my breath away when I say it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your quilt is beautiful, the border fabric looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You choice on thr borders...they look really good on the top.

    ReplyDelete