Thursday, November 24, 2011

Cuddle Quilt #2

The crunch is on so I was sewing today as well and here is the result , another cuddle quilt , this one for my grandson .It is also flannels , I have to say that sewing with flannels is not that easy , it loves to stretch but it is lovely and warm and so cosy . I wasn 't quite sure what to do with these flannels when I first started then felt simple was best so here is what I did . I must add these flannels were also in the bag from Linda , isn't she the greatest.
 Sorry the light is poor so this is bit fuzzy , anyway you get the idea , looks rather Christmassy doesn't it . I'll show you a close up of a block so you can see the fabrics a little better , they are so cute and I know he will love them.
To think when I started looking through my stash the other day I was looking for something to make a quilt for my oldest grandson and I ended up making these two for my youngest grandchildren instead . Still need to think of  a plan for Christopher , it was a request to have a quilt for Christmas so I don't want to disappoint him but it will also need to be simple ,time is going fast. Thanks for stopping by and hope you are having a terrific day .
 Hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. Your quilt is gorgeous Sheila, it will be so warm and snuggly... I hope you find a nice pattern for Christopher's quilt, time is slipping away!! Happy Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. The flannel is so cute. I'm sure you'll get a nice quilt made for Christopher. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a good gran. I would have loved to have a quilt when I was wee!!
    It certainly keeps you busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like you sure have been busy....the grand kids will just love their hugs that you have stitched into those quilts. What are you thinking for Christopher's quilt?? stay cozy warm my friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely cute quilt - it is sure to be loved and how lovely that your other granson requested one! How affirming is that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really getting going with the quilts... that one is lovely.... great you are enjoying the fabrics from Linda.... I wonder what Christopher will get?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Sheila.....flannel is so nice and warm....thanks for visiting with Harry Potter....lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. L-O-V-E the fabric and so will the new owners! Great cuddle quilts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quilt on! You're doing great. that is very cute fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely cuddly looking quilt. The dinosaurs look just perfect for a childs quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Nanna you are.....dinosaurs one of Grandsons favourites too. He will think he is the cats whiskers with that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a charming quilt. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's just adorable, Sheila! I'm sure your little grandson is going to love snuggling up in that great quilt from his grandma! :o) And I know you...you'll get Christopher's quilt done in plenty of time and it will be beautiful!

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous quilt for your little grandson.
    What about a DP9patch for Christopher!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sheila, you do beautiful work! I don't always have time to comment, but wanted to say thank you for for the sweet words about Vitaliy. He has been a blessing and he enjoyed Thanksgiving so much! Hope you enjoyed yours also!

    Blessings sweet friend, Linda

    ReplyDelete