Monday, November 7, 2011

A couple of small finishes

Sometimes I just like to make something quick for a change , you feel like you have accomplished something so I made this apron and had a few scraps left over and made a mug rug and a hot pad . Kind of fun and I love this fabric with the kitchen wares on it . I bought it a while back , it was just a remnant at my favorite fabric location , Avonport Discount ,since it is a bit of a drive I rarely get there but when I do have the opportunity I always find some treasures .
This is only a half apron as I didn't have enough fabric for anything else but it is nice and full as I used the entire width of the fabric .
 I'll show you a close up of the mug rug and hot pad now.
It was fun to think of something to use these scraps for . Hope you are enjoying your day , it is a lovely sunny day here , started out rather cool but is a very comfortable temperature now and I have my laundry blowing in the breeze and I know they will dry just perfect and smell divine :-)
Thanks for stopping by. Hugs Sheila

13 comments:

  1. Oh, they are cute! Nothing's more enjoyable for me than line dried laundry; really divine that smell. You're right!
    Hugs from Holland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a good job with the fabric, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fabric. Half aprons are perfect. Not bulky and do the job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely set. Sometimes you just need to make something that you can finish in a good sitting.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is so nice to do a quick project and get a finish... those are great the fabric is such fun... I really like the cup idea with the floppy handle to hang it up... brilliant..
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the projects. Love the fabrics. The cup is a great idea. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects. I agree. Sometimes we do need to make something quick and easy. As they say - a change is as good as a holiday. Mind you, I'd like the holiday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looking good, those are some great quickies that you whipped up. and to be able to hang the laundry yet ....to cold here for that.they would be cute in holiday prints too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had slot of fun making such cute projects

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job. They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete