Monday, June 27, 2011

Tuesdays Treasures

As I mentioned I went to a yard sale on Sat. and purchased some silk ties , well here they are , my treasures for this week , these are all Italian silk ties , rather colorful and I think might be an excellent addition to a crazy quilt , what do you think?? They only cost me $3 for the lot which I felt was a real bargain.






I also wanted to share this wicker armchair that was purchased a number of years ago at a yard sale , we actually bought a pair , the other one is on the other side of the table but it would be difficult to take a picture of both . These chairs are very comfortable and were a real bargain at only $75 for the pair , another real treasure ,I love finding treasures at yard sales ;-)
To see more treasures hop on over to visit Melody of the House on the Side of the Hill . Thanks for stopping by and have yourself a wonderful day .I'm posting early as it is still Monday here but I will be off early in the AM to quilt if all is well .
 Hugs Sheila
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous ties. They'll look great in crazy patchwork. Love the wicker chair. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ties! Yep, they would look gorgeous in one of your crazy quilt blocks!! Beautiful chair too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great buy. They will be brilliant in a crazy quilt. Gorgeous chairs too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What good thrift shopping. The ties are beautiful. I really love old wicker chairs and yours are very special.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your funky ties Sheila. There is definitely a quilt there, such potential! Your wicker chairs were a bargain and look in great condition and comfy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your wicker chairs and a great bargain too. I am looking forward to see what you do with your groovy ties.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those ties are a real bargain! They'll go well in a crazy quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fab ties, my 12 year old loves silk ties, I sometimes purchase them for crazy patch or making tie handbags and I have to fight him off :-)
    I think they would be fantastic for crazy patch.
    Your wicker chairs are very nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love yard sales too Sheila...I'm still hoping to find a wonderful Featherweight at one! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful find-silk ties for $3!

    Enjoy your week,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. The chairs are lovely and what a bargain... but I LOVE the silk ties and you REALLY got a bargain there. I have seen an old antique quilt made from silk ties and it was gorgeous. A couple of years ago I made a bag out of some lovely silk ties that I too, got for a bargain at a local shop. It was a lot of fun to make. Great post xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. now thats treasure for sure,, the ties are beautiful and I would love to find that chair in our thrift store,,very nice,

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops, I meant yard sale,,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the ties, never thought of crazy quilting with them, I am getting back into crazy quilting and will be looking for some at garage sales now.

    ReplyDelete