Monday, July 11, 2011

The postman arrived :-)

A while ago I won some buttons on Sandra's blog the Cumberland Island Chick and this morning they arrived . We have had a lengthy mail strike which is still affecting our mail service even though they have gone back to work . I was so excited to win these buttons as I love buttons and couldn't wait to open the package to have a look , inside Sandra included some Earl Grey Tea as well as several charm squares , I mean how lucky am I ! Thanks so much Sandra , they are wonderful and I know I will enjoy using them on my projects. I just have to share one of the buttons , they are all great but this one is just gorgeous ,do you see that large heart shaped button in the front , pretty button don't you think .
As some of you know I have I have visitors right now , my DIL and our two oldest granddaugthers are here for a visit and yesterday we went to the beach so I thought I would share a couple of pictures with you . This beach is on Big Island a really beautiful beach that is the best kept secret around these parts and there were only four other people there .When we first arrived it was a bit breezy so a little nip in the air but once we walked around the other side of this large sand bar it was just beautiful and hot .

 

Here are my gorgeous granddaughters Alyssa and Caitlin brave enough to go in the water , they said it was warm but I wasn't about to test it .We had a wonderful afternoon and all that salt air sure made me tired but in a very good way . Thanks for stopping by I must get back to my visitors . Hugs Sheila


7 comments:

  1. Oh how nice Sheila...and that heart shaped button is so cute too...so are those granddaughters...warm here today also; but getting windy and a bit cloudy; a couple of days of rain coming..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granddaughters are beautiful!!! I bet that water was warm...not! :-) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila.
    Please enjoy your visitors, beautiful pictures and your granddaughters looks very nice ☺ Do your daughter ans granddaughters sew patchwork too?
    The beach looks very much like the beach here, and the wather is to cold for me too *lol*
    Have a nich time together!
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente
    I like to QuiltBlog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love the ocean, lovely granddaughters an buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Walking at the beach is the best and it sounds like you are having a great time with your family.... excellent... such shiny pretty buttons.... can I come play???
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila, just beautiful little granddaughters, a perfect day at the beach.... the buttons will come in very handy, I'm sure..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful beach on the ocean! I won some buttons from Sandra and need to post photos of them too.

    ReplyDelete