Wednesday, October 19, 2011

WIP Wednesday

I don't know about you but the weeks just seem to fly by , it seems like it was just Wed. and here it is again. So what was my progress this week .
First I did get a lot done on the Tisket a Tasket quilt , just a little more to go and that will be a finish ,yeah. No work on the Row by Row , can only hand quilt one at a time ;-()
Our quilt guild is going to be swapping postcards with a guild in Saskatchewan soon so I made up a few postcards to show them tonight at our meeting . For some this will be there first time making a postcard .
Our theme will be our favorite quilt block using Christmas fabrics so I made this Friendship star and a crazy patch card as well and I already showed you the log cabin block , if I had time I would do a few more to show but it has been a busy week.
 I wanted a little break from the quilting so made this wool needlecase ,all hand done and so nice to work with , the wool for the main body of this needlecase was a scarf that I bought at a thrift store and shrunk and oh how lovely it is , so soft and easy to work with and I love this little needlecase .
and the inside  ,pretty simple design , this was in a Fons and Porter magazine a few years back .
I still need to get cracking on my Stay at home Round Robin, have a plan just need to put it to action ;-) Oh I sewed the binding on the little Halloween cat so that is a finish . Also since I was playing around with crazy patch quilting I made  a Christmas ornament in the shape of a heart and had fun with some stitches on my machine to embellish it . The shape could have been a bit better but it is what it is ;-0
That is about all my progress for this week , I hope next week to tell you the Tisket a Tasket is finished and the Row by Row is also in progress , wish me luck. 
I will share two more pictures of works in progress , one is mine the other is a friends quilt . Ready?
Here is my Louisa quilt in progress , the way it looked yesterday when we were putting it away for the week. It has shrunk and is looking just wonderful .Then yesterday afternoon the gals put my friend Diane R. quilt on the frame , wow that is one large quilt and took a while to figure out how they would manage to get it on but they are really good at that so I left them to it and continued to work on Louisa . Diane's quilt is gorgeous , just gorgeous , love the blues and the fabrics and batting feel just beautiful so I know this will be a pleasure to work on. Ok I know you want to see it and I know you will be impressed . It isn't quite finished and will need some strips to hold it in place and keep it taunt.There is a fair amount rolled under here to make the boards fit.

To finish off I want to share another photo of fall in my neck of the woods just because I  love it so much .
Don't you just wonder what is around the bend ? I am linking up today with the Needle and Thread Network  so be sure to check out who else has linked up and see some wonderful creative work . Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by . hugs Sheila


12 comments:

  1. Those quilts are beautiful! I love your needle case too. I was just thinking the other day that I needed something like that so I stop stabbing myself every time I reach into my hand work bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is lovely as usual Sheila. love the needle case too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful quilts. Love your needlecase. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely part of Canada. Your felt case is wonderful and you are making great progress on your lists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the little postcards and needlecase. what a nifty design.
    Well done on your quilting!
    Shame we can't quilt two things at the same time. Could get so much more done!
    Happy quilting....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you've been busy too Sheila. :) Dianne's quilt is beautiful. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely lovely to look at today... the postcards and needlecase are just great ... love the quilts too...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. love that little needlecase, and the scrappy heart is cute. I miss fall in NS...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of beautiful sewing to see, your little needlecase is beautiful and I love the little heart. Gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little needlecase! Love the quilts too! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. .... Everything you made is so cute and wonderful... sigh... I call them jawdroppers!
    And your part of the world is beautiful.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love by ways and I love your question of what is around the bend. That is what I always ask. Where was this picture taken. Also Nice quilt that you have in this weeks quilters gallery challenge.

    ReplyDelete