Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bag Number ?

Ok so I am obsessed with bags these days , I admit it , I like making bags now and then and once you get me started my little brain sees more fabrics that scream bag , so...... this fabric which is a sort of soft canvas type fabric , not really sure what it is but it felt like a good weight for a grocery tote but it is a rather dull looking color so what is a girl to do but dress it up ,why shop with something dull when you can have a decorated bag right.
Now you might just recognize that green , yep it is the fabric from the shirt I used in the other bag . I also did this to practice my free motion sewing , a little thread painting to hold the flower on and give it a little life. I really want to learn thread painting and I figure doing it is a good start ,how can I learn if I don't try right.
Now you really might think the girl has lost it as when I was outside I took this picture of a weed , yes a weed but this weed fascinates me ,it is a dainty little flower and just look at those petals , each petal is a heart , now that is special I think.
 I just spent a lovely day quilting with the girls at the church , nice and cool in the church basement , it is a gorgeous day outside today , around 26C. with a nice breeze and not much humidity , perfect , just perfect . Time to get out and enjoy the sunshine , hope you are having a nice day and thanks so much for stopping by.
 hugs Sheila

10 comments:

  1. So nice without the darn humidity. Your bag is very cute. I haven't made a bag for a while. I have several patterns to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....I know what you mean by being addicted to things...I am the same once I start something. I stay at it til I wear it out!!! lol. Love the bag...the flower perks it right up!
    Lovely day here too... almost too hot until around 3pm..now it has cooled down nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice bag. Might be a weed but the flower is lovely. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great bag...love how you try everything...thread painting is great! We're out on the deck right now enjoying the great weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can never have too many bags... I love how you have decorated that one.... nice weed.... some are worth keeping...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely bag Sheila,you have been a very busy lady.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely bag and I also like your weedy flower.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another lovely bag and the flower just makes it. Nice weed, love the little heart petals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a unique bag that you can use shopping. Nice thread painting! Your quilting day sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete