Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Catching Up

Oh my it sure has been a while since I have shared anything ,life and computer problems are to blame and it sure feels good to be back . I have not been visiting blogs much either so I apologize for that. The good news is I have actually made progress on some UFO's ,want to see what I finished up ? Ok I thought you might.
This was my first finish ...


Winter in Blogland , a free pattern from Ellie's Quilt Place , I did not add all of the borders in the original pattern and I hand quilted it . Next up is my crazy patch project that was a RR as I explained in an earlier post , it is wonderful to have this completed as I love all these blocks and it was such a shame to have them on a shelf not being loved .
Sorry for the poor lighting , it is really sunny and I suppose I could have taken this outside in the snow but I am too lazy ;-) I will say that working around the beads was a bit of a challenge but otherwise it went together well. 
I have also been doing a few blocks , I will share this one that I did yesterday , it is the February block for Aurifil threads ,it was a little challenging .
Isn't it a pretty block though , I would never make a whole quilt with this block , it was hard to keep things straight and I actually didn't if you look closely but I won't tell lol!
I have sure missed blogging , being without a computer is really hard , guess I am spoiled. Well thanks for stopping by today and I hope to be around more frequently so be sure to pop by and say hello , love hearing from you .
 hugs Sheila


21 comments:

  1. Great to see you back -and great to see some of the things you've been up to

    ReplyDelete
  2. The RR looks fabulous. Love the hanging & the block. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to have you back. Lovely sewing too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts are lovely Sheila. I'm glad you got over your computer problems. Although it sounds gross, I guess I'm joined at the hip with my computer. I would hate to have to try and function without it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess the upside of having no computer is that you get stuff finished! Lovely pieces, especially the crazy patches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects Sheila. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheila, your projects are gorgeous! The two little quilts are terrific, and your February block is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. such beautiful work Sheila,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay - you're back! All lovely projects, but I especially love the crazy patch. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your computer woes are over with. Nice to get your projects finished. Love those crazy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That last block does look hard to manage as a whole quilt...but it is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely finished quiltiness Sheila...great job getting them done.
    Cath @ Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the computer problems! I love the quilt finishes, especially the crazy quilt! That block does look challenging.
    Enjoy your day,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your finishes are so nice Sheila - well done!!!! I love your Aurifil block as well - I can imagine a whole quilt of them would be lovely!!! Happy computer and sewing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoo!HOO! on your quilt finish. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your block looks very precise to me. And I agree, it's very pretty. Congratulations on the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful, wonderful!! Always nice to have finishes!!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  18. ooo - I love the crazy patch project. :D Fun winter stitcheries, too. :D

    ReplyDelete