Friday, May 17, 2013

Postcard sewing

 I have been sort of out of action on my blog lately , just life . I went to visit with my Mom for Mothers Day and found that visit very tough , it was so strange to enter the house and not see my Dad sitting in his favorite chair ,I miss him terribly . Anyway I did a little fun sewing yesterday to brighten my spirits , postcards are such fun to create . Want to see what I made ?


A little touch of spring with some flowers and a cute little butterfly . Still on the spring theme is this next card .
Colorful little flowers with a butterfly and a ladybug in the grass . Then there is the final one which resulted as I had a few more flowers left so what is a gal to do but use them up  right:-)


They were fun to do and the bright colors were great to work with  . 
I am working on my messenger bag today , with any luck I might get it finished soon . Off I go now to the machine since I haven't figured out a way to get it to sew on its own just yet . Enjoy your day and hope you come back soon .
 hugs Sheila 

21 comments:

  1. Oh Sheila, my heart goes out to you, it is so hard visiting their home and they are not there, I still find it hard that Mum isn't in her chair either. Your postcards are beautiful, bright and cherry, Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure sounds like a tough visit Sheila. I love your spring postcards - it's nice seeing a touch of springness in our Autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see your postcards. They re so bright and cheerful! Your sewing room is just the place to be on the sad days...take care...thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your postcards Sheila. Is there a trick to making them? It is hard when a parent passes away. It will become easier in time and we can remember the happy moments without feeling sad. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your postcards put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing....I too am missing a family member and flowers bring a joy to me....Judith, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would have been very hard for you but sew nice you can brighten your day with beautiful postcards..
    I see Shez was a very lucky recipient of one of yours...
    Hugz Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. your spring post cards are gorgeous Sheila and my heart goes out to you,in time it will get easier for you,you will always have those special memories in your heart forever,take care my friend.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your postcards are so lovely and cheery :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel for you Sheila. All those 'firsts' are just so awful and tough. Your postcards are so bright and cheery. Take care and big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. it will take some adjusting to get used to your dad not being there.
    Your cards are lovely for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such bright flowers. They all look so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do feel for you.. it is hard not to see the people we love in their favourite spots... your mum would have loved your visit...
    lovely stitching... and hopefully you get some more doneover the weekend...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute and cheerful postcards! If you do discover how to get a machine to sew on its own for you, let me know, lol. Hope the pain becomes less raw for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank goodness for quilting, right? When life gets hard, being creative helps brighten the day. Enjoy your projects!

    ReplyDelete