Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Charming Stars top

I finally finished the Charming Stars quilt top , a SAL with Terry of Terry's Treasures . I am a little slow but at least it is now in the ready to be quilted category .
It is 74" square so a decent size lap quilt for my grandson Christopher , he saw it on my design wall and fell in love with it . I was going to go find fabric for the border but decided I would be thrifty and use up the rest of those shirts and just pieced random pieces , I could have done better with that but I still think it looks ok and I don't think Christopher will complain . Now to piece a backing , I do have fabric that will do that job nicely so I won't have to visit the fabric shop afterall ;-)
 What a gorgeous day here , spring is in the air and I think I will get dressed now and head on out for a little walk in the fresh air I think I earned it after finishing this up .
 Hope you have a wonderful day , thanks for stopping by .
 hugs Sheila

17 comments:

  1. Love it Sheila and well done on the finished top!! I'm not surprised your grandson nabbed it! I pieced my first Charming Stars block yesterday so you are very fast compared to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I've always wanted to make a quilt in those colors, and I love the plaids! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great Sheila and I love the pieced border..... adds to it wonderfully
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look great! I like the pieced border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how it turned out and the pieced border just adds to the charm of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that is a nice quilt, especially for a male. It's so nice having young people love what we do. Nice weather here, too. That sun feels good, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, love it, love it! Love the scrappy border too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really gorgeous. What a lucky grandson!!!! I love the fabrics and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This will be a cozy quilt for your grandson... it's a special thing when a young boy falls in love with a quilt. My son claimed one of mine once when it was still on the design wall... made me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sheila, the border spoke to me first! It came out amazing and it's plain to see why your grandson fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheila, that's gorgeous.....no wonder your grandson fell in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely colour, it works really well. I've enjoyed seeing all the variations on this QAL

    ReplyDelete
  13. it looks so gorgeous Sheila, well done, and well done to Christopher for having such good taste too.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is fabulous Sheila and I think the pieced border works really well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job Sheila. The border is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I love it! The border is perfect, dear Sheila!
    Hugs, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous quilt Sheila, I always love stars! The pieced border looks perfect with it, hugs Wendy

    ReplyDelete