Sunday, February 18, 2018

FNSI Report

Well I know I have been missing for quite some time and sometimes life just gets in the way but let's not dwell on the negative . I decided to join in on FNSI hosted by Wendy
 At our guild we have a UFO challenge and each year we sign up and pay $1 for each item we would like to finish up ,so this year I have three to try to finish before our deadline . When we finish an item we must share it at our show and tell at the  meeting then it is checked off our list and our name then goes in the hat to win all the money collected from those participating . I have never won the money but it has been a great incentive to finish up some long overdue projects . I am sure my list could have been longer but i think at this point I will do well to  finish the three on my list.  So what does that have to do with FNSI , that is simple , I worked on the oldest of those three projects a crazy quilt that I started at least 7 but probably closer to 8 years ago . I had the top in one of my drawers and each time I would come across it I would say to myself you really must get this finished . I took it out the other day and decided in order to finish it I would need to add another row to make it a little larger , I wanted it to be lap size. This meant I would need an extra six blocks so I got busy and made them then attached that new row to the existing rows and a quilt top was born 😊
 I used a very thick flannel backing to make it extra cosy then simply stitched in the ditch between the blocks . I sewed the binding on Friday  and that  evening I sat and sewed it down to the back . I am quite pleased with how it turned out and I know it will get plenty of use . 

 In January I taught a class at our guild on curved piecing , this is my second time doing this workshop and it is always popular especially once the others see the masterpieces created by the students . I had a full class so it was a busy time but I really enjoyed it even if I am not a born teacher .  Of course when you teach you must have samples and ways to explain the process so I brought along a piece I prepared especially for this class and I just recently finished it .
Sorry for the not so great picture , the sun was streaming in and I couldn't get a decent picture without the reflection showing up on the picture . I have another one that was also started for this class but I have a little more I'd like to add then I can share it .
 There is probably lots more I could share but I think that is it for today . Thanks to those who have stuck by me even in my absence . 
 Thanks for stopping by today ,  hope you have a terrific day .
 Hugs Sheila 

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing up the UFO. I’d hate to count how many I would have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your picture - it is stunning! Finished is a good feeling, and your crazy quilt is gorgeous, so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back. There will always be someone waiting here for you. Great for you on your finish... That's a great incentive to go in it. Acash prize at the end for one lucky person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheila ,i have missed your posts,lovely finish my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to see you back!! I hope whatever was wrong has been righted? Your crazy quilt sounds deliciously cozy. Congrats on a finish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt. Glad you finished it. Love the picture. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on the finish...always a great feeling when you achieve that. Love your scenic picture and nice to see you back in blog land.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for finishing UFO #1! It’s quite pretty and sounds warm and snuggly. You already know how much I love your landscape art, and this one I sure another beauty. One day, I’m going to be able to take one of your classes! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi my friend, its always lovely to read your blog.... I do hope things are ok - I know we all get busy but I got the feeling there is other things too.... take care..xx Your quilt has worked out so lovely - well done for doing extra blocks (I think I wouldn't have!!) I wish I could come to one of your workshops.... I bet you are a great teacher as you like to share information...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sheila. Lovely to read your post. I do love your ufo finish and you are a master at your gorgeous stitched pictures....hoping all is well with you. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely to hear from you Sheila. Two great finishes and an FNSI well spent on you crazy quilt. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great incentive to help finish of a WIP - good luck with winning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on the Crazy quilt finish!! And what a fun idea of the guild with the $$. It sounds like you take a great class...the sample you made for it is lovely :-) Hope you are doing OKxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So lovely to hear from you once again! I love your quilts, and congrats on the crazy quilt finish!! It's always so nice to finish a project and to be able to cross it off the list. I wish I could have signed up for your curved piecing class, but I'm sure the people in your class really enjoyed themselves.
    Take care,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great quilt! Crazy quilts are always interesting to look at and you will get enjoyment from it every time you snuggle under it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a great incentive! It's a lovely quilt. Congrats on your finish.

    ReplyDelete