Friday, March 25, 2011

Crazy Quilting Friday

I was concentrating on getting the Christmas item posted and forgot about my crazy block for this week . This block was made on Wed. at our sewing sessions and I took enough fabric scraps with me to show my friend Dianne how to make them as well . We had lots of fun choosing fabrics from the pile and I wish I had taken my camera with me so I could show you the pretty block Dianne made .See the button in the center , well that piece is actually a paperpieced bird house I did a long time ago for some reason and never used so I thought why not add it here and my plan is to applique a bird on the block but time got away from me so here it is before much embellisment . My sewing machine is acting up and when I try to do any decorative stitches it doesn't cooperate infact the needle broke and came flying up at me so that is when I quit . I do have an extra machine but just ran out of time because believe it or not girls I am trying my best to get the mystery quilt done or at least to the next stage .You must be sick of hearing about that quilt and to tell you the honest truth I am sick of it too !!
Thanks to Betsy of Quilting Fiesta for hosting this fun weekly event and I think you should try it out , you just might get hooked I think Dianne did ;-) Dianne just loves to embellish and she is so talented at doing just that so these blocks are perfect for her and I hope to see many more beautiful blocks .

We had snow overnight and it is still snowing , looks like one of those snowglobes , very pretty but not what I want to see just now ;-)Today is my Mom's birthday so Happy Birthday Mom ,love you !
Have a wonderful day and thanks for the visit .
 hugs Sheila
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. very, bautifull!!!
    me encantó.
    Saludos argentinos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful block. Great idea to use the birdhouse in this way. Happy Birthday to your Mum. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, it is beautiful. I so love the button in the center. I have got to get back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sheila
    I want to say I enjoy to follow your page here. YOU make so many great quilts. Love Susanne from Denmark

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, we are having a seminar at our guild next saturday learning crazy stiching. I'm plannng to make a pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a particularly lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your mom too.

    ReplyDelete