Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Today I am attending a workshop with our quilt guild , I'm the person who doesn't like Paper piecing and here I am signed up to take this class but the project is so pretty I just couldn't resist and the pieces are fairly big so PP them should not be a problem .
Here is the pattern , it is designed by Karen Neary of Nova Scotia , a very talented designer . These are the fabrics I have chosen for the project ,sure hope they look ok .
 We had templates to cut our fabrics so we would be ready for the class , there is apparently a lot of work to this so hopefully this will save a ton of time .
 I am also doing some of the handwork on the Melody's BOM , I enjoy doing this in the evenings when watching TV . I have Shell's BOM all prepared and ready to stitch too so I have plenty to keep me busy these days.I also have cut more leaves for the SAHRR , just was not happy with my leaves and found some of the fabric I used for the center oak leaves, so  am ready now to get started with that applique .
 Rather poor lighting , you can't tell from this photo but my sheep are plaid , a girls got to have a little fun ;-)
 I am linking up with the Needle and Thread network ,why not check out to see what others are up to this week. Thanks for stopping by , hope you enjoy your day I am sure I will.
 hugs Sheila

24 comments:

  1. I love your fabrics Sheila. I think I have that top one but haven't used it yet. I can't wait to see your finished project, it really is lovely. What a clever girl is Karen Neary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adventurous one to make with PPiecing.... looks great and I think your fabrics are perfect.... I have only got as far as cutting the motives for the felt BOMS... and I also have plaid sheep!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fabrics will work perfectly Sheila. I made this Karen pattern and I enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a huge fan of paper piecing, but will sometimes do it, and you've chosen a beautiful project. Sounds like you have a very busy sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! That looks like quite a challenge but it should turn out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That'll be a keeper when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing pattern, and your fabric is perfect! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your fabric choices look like you'll have a great piece when you are finished. I think you will enjoy the pp as you will be learning with others and that always makes a difference.Have fun today.
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel about foundation piecing! It has to be a mighty special pattern to take up the challenge... I love your choice of fabrics for the project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it is a very pretty pattern, and your fabrics look perfect. Have fun at the workshop

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you have a great time at the workshop- the fabrics look really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your wool applique!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh cute sheep Sheila.....love them. I can't wait to see the class piece when finished...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabrics look great. Can't wait to see it all pieced together. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fabrics you have chosen look perfect...have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your paper piecing project is going to be fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a gorgeous project. I'm not a huge fan of PP either so I'm going to enjoy your progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. gorgeous new project will look forward to seeing that coming together. It does look fiddly and complicated.
    Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your appliqué project, hope someday to be able to see the sheep a bit better. I've been known to drive my then young kids up the wall with quirky fabric choices.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the fabrics that you've chosen and I bet they'll look great. Who knows, maybe this class will change your mind about paper piecing?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm thrilled you are making my BOM. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have fun today Sheila and I can't wait to see your work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your new project looks beautiful and your penny rug is looking great. I have just been working on mine tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow...gorgeous pattern...ican't wait to see the finished project...i'm sure you will enjoy making it

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, this is a real beauty, I do understand why you couldn´t resist.
    Wish you much fun in the class, I lookinf forwar to see your orient beauty, the fabrics are perfect.
    Liebe Grüße
    Bente

    ReplyDelete