Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shabby Fabrics Country Cottages

Progress has been made , I completed the Country Cottages top , after sifting through my own stash for borders I came to the conclusion I did not have anything on hand that would work for these blocks so I did what any girl would do I went shopping on Saturday :-)  I took a few blocks with me as I find that helpful in seeing what works best and I came home with an inner border fabric as well as a coordinating outer border fabric . I had already chosen the sashings from fabric on hand and when I sewed my new choice for the corner stones and inner border I really did not like what I seen so I had to go shopping again , only this time I was able to shop in my own stash and I came up with this combo .
So my borders are all officially sewn on and I love this little quilt , it is just a fun little quilt which I thoroughly enjoyed doing over the year . I am extra pleased to have it made into this flimsy and will get it quilted as soon as possible . Here is another angle of the quilt which may show  truer colors ,I did think about going outside to take a photo but changed my mind .This pattern was a free BOM from Shabby Fabrics  for 2012 .
The bitter cold has broken so it is more pleasant today and we had a little sun poke through now  and then . Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day doing something you love!
 hugs Sheila


24 comments:

  1. You should love it, it is fabulous Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo cute. Love what you chose for the border.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The top looks fabulous. Hugs,xx.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a lovely quilt Sheila. Your colour choice is so pretty too! Glad to hear that you're getting a glimpse of sun as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blocks look fantastic together...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This just so lovely- what a great finish

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute....can't wait to see it when it's quilted! I followed the link and just printed off the patterns. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Sorry you had to go shoopping though - LOL! How are you going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sheila, your flimsy is fabulous! You must be so excited to see it come together. Love the way you sashed and framed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful. I printed the patterns each month in the hopes of eventually making one as I thought it was a darling pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sheila this is lovely,i love your borders,well done on a beautiful finish.xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such a lovely quilt Sheila...you chose well for your borders.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your Country cottages quilt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your quilt Sheila, you have done a great job with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOve those little houses ... Hope you are feeling Better ... Take care Hugs ...

    ReplyDelete
  16. the borders are perfect. great job.

    ReplyDelete