Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Finishing school in session

I have come to realize that I work quite well under pressure . Yep our quilt show is coming up on the 26th of this month so I have been pushing myself to finish off a few projects that have been in the works for quite some time . One such project is the Quilt I mentioned in the previous post , my Henrietta whiskers quilt and I am happy to say it is complete , even has a label , amazed to say the least .
I am super happy as I love this design , BunnyHill designs have such adorable patterns . I don't even want to guess at how many years ago I started this I'm just happy to say it is done . 
 My second finish is the Let it Snow BOM by Buttermilk Basin  , another really fun project which started in 2016 . I have had the top done for a while so had been picking away at the quilting which probably should be a little more than I actually did but it is what it is .
My next finish has been sitting on my cabinet for a couple of months now , just waiting for inspiration as to how to finish it off and today I did the leap of faith and just added some birch trees and I am pleased .
 I need a frame for it now 😊
One more for today , this pillow started taking form before Christmas,  if you look closely those are Christmas fabrics . This is a design by my friend Linda Smith of Scrapmaster fame . I had the top completed but just ran out of time to get it quilted so I  took this along to our retreat and I used my walking foot to quilt curves using a stencil my friend Sharon shared with me , it onky marked the corner so I used my trusty quilt bar attached to my walking foot as I was instructed by Linda Hubbard at a recent class . It was great fun once I got started . 
This is just resting over a pillow as it is Very large at 20" square .I have since made a pillow form for it but hadn't done another photo . Thanks Linda for a great pattern. 

 Well that's it for me today , thanks as always for taking the time to stop by , it is a pleasure to have you visit .
 Hugs Sheila 

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful finishes. Love the birch trees, they look fabulous. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the finishes...always a great feeling to get UFO's done..nothing like a deadline to get some action!! Your quilts are beautiful, love the framed picture and the pillowcase is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely finishes all round.... I seem to remember the finishing off for a show last year??? haha... sometimes we just need a specific date to move on things....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sheila wow your finishes are beautiful,well done my friend you do such gorgeous work xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of beautiful finishes there Sheila! I particularly like the little landscape... I am itching to have a go at one of these little quilts! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got Henrietta finished Sheila - it does look lovely. Three more great finishes - I especially love the landscape. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice, Sheila...that pattern of Linda's was fun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous finishes Sheila..
    Loved making my Henrietta quilt. I put it in our quilt show over five years ago and I think you were making yours then too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finishes Sheila....love them all xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, ooh, ooooh! I can’t wait to see these beauties in person, especially the landscape. Those birch trees look awesome! See you at the quilt show! I can’t wait! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of them are beautiful finishes Sheila!! Well done on the burst of inspiration you have had to get them finished!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All four of your quilts are beautiful. I love Henrietta quilts; it's fun to look at the images. Same with the snowpeople.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done, you do really work well under pressure! I bet that it feels wonderful to finish those things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So much satisfaction in finishing!! Lovely quilts.I like the birch trees.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are one talented lady, love all of your finishes

    ReplyDelete