Thursday, September 13, 2018

A little catch up

It has been a while and I won't guarantee I will be posting again real soon as life has a  mind of its own at the moment .  I will say life isn't always fair , far from it and I am going through a tough time at the moment so don't give up on me , I see I've lost some followers , who can blame them 😊
  Even when the chips are down I try to continue to create , otherwise I'd be a total loss .
I guess since I was last here I haven't shared the fact my quilt The Splendid Sampler won the only award given at our quilt guild show , the viewers choice award, which to me is the most important as those who visited vote on their favorite quilt.

 I have also finished the flimsy for On Ringo Lake a QAL with Bonnie Hunter as her mystery quilt . This was a lot of work and my first Bonnie mystery but I doubt it will be my last , it was really a lot of fun to make. The good news is it is now on the frames to start quilting next Tuesday,  yeah .


While on the topic of finishes I also finished the checkerboard quilt designed by Darlene of a Needle Pulling Thread.  This was to be a block of the week but I loved making them so much on my vintage Singer I kept right on going and then had it quilted by Lynda Campbell at Fiddle Stitches in Mabou . I really love how this turned out,  it is back in her shop now hoping someone will love it enough to buy it.

 I've decided to join in the Moda Blockheads BOW , here are a few of my blocks so far .
I've made a few more since this photo was taken.  I am loving this so far . 
 I could show you more of  what I've been up to but I think that is enough for now.  
 Thanks for stopping by , I appreciate your visit . 
Hugs Sheila 

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning Viewer's Choice, Sheila - a well-deserved win, your quilt is beautiful! I like your checkerboard quilt, too. So far I haven't succumbed to Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt, but one day perhaps.....who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your win. You deserve it. Love the checkerboard quilt, it's beautiful. Your Moda blockheads blocks look lovely. Hugs,xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sheila, so glad you popped into your blog - it can be a great place to get lost in happy things.... well done on your win, it is a stunning quilt of course and the others are lovely too. I am also doing the Blockheads one - I think your colours are just lovely and you have a gift of putting themn together...

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sheila. So sorry you are having a difficult time of it. I am always happy to read your posts where and whenever xx Congratulations on your win for your gorgeous quilt...well deserved. All your other quilts are beautiful too. Take care and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m sorry for your struggles. You do seem to be keeping a good outlook though. That’s important. All of your quilts are amazing looking. Not surprising your Splendid Sampler won the viewers choice award. Congrats! I really love your checkerboard quilt. I can’t imagine it will be long before it’s sold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One quilt is more beautiful than the one before it! Checkerboard is especially nice IMO. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sheila - so good to find you in my inbox, I'm just sorry that you are going through a rough time. Congratulations on your award, it is a stunning quilt and the others are beauties too. Don't leave it too long before your next post. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow. You have been accomplishing some stunning work. You have been getting more done than me. I'm haven't really done anything for 2 months. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow -viewer's Choice! That's awesome! And your Bonnie Hunter quilt is gorgeous. These aren't quick and easy quilts, so you're obviously finding time to sew. I hope life gets easier for you! Sorry to hear you're having problems.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Viewers choice is the best in my book...congratulations. I really like the checkerboard quilt too. The Blockheads is going to be spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the Viewers Choice Award. That quilt looks way more than worthy of that title. Sorry about how life is currently treating you. I have found that quilting is a very helpful copping tool for us and you seem to be using it well. Your Moda blocks are great too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Sheila, life ist not always fair that is true. I´m glad to see your quilts and happy that you won the award. It is so deserved - your Splendid Sampler is so beautiful! I´m loosing followers too, I think lots left Blogger and went to Instagram, very sad but we are still here ans I send you best wishes dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on winning the viewers choice!! Soecial award I believe. I am sorry to hear life is not so good at present, hopefully a corner will be turned for you soon. You have neen working on some beautiful quilts. I am always happy to read your blog posts when ever they arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sheila, your work is stunning! You continue to amaze me with your quilty goodness. The viewers choice quilt was well deserving...what an accomplishment. Love to see the way you finished Darlene's quilt...what a beauty. I'm so sorry that you are going through such challenges, but thankful that your creativity does not diminish. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sewing mends the soul, my sweet friend, and it pleases me to know you are plugging along, experiencing the joys of finishes, and basking in the glory of the winner's circle. All positive things to keep you in check as you navigate a rocky path. Every day is a new day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there!! So nice to see a post from you once again. I'm so sorry for the unpleasant curve ball that life has thrown at you. I hope that things get better for the two of you, you both deserve it. I wish I could have seen your quilt at the show! Congrats on the award, how neat is that? And you're so right, being creative keeps us going, keeps us sane, especially when we're dealing with hard things. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  17. With everything going on you certainly have done a lot. Love all of your quilts. Hang in there, sometimes just one foot in front of the other is all one can do. You see to have a lot of comments, I have totally lost just about all of my commenters....but hey, we do what we can, right?

    ReplyDelete